let's find your new home
Search for Real Estate in and around Nanaimo
EXQUISITE Coastal Retreat perched on a secluded and serene waterfront lot, surrounded by the natural beauty of a private peninsula. 152 feet of South West facing waterfront gives you an 180 degree panoramic view of Masset Sound, showcasing breathtaking vistas. From your deck, take in the fresh ocean air and picturesque sunsets. Step inside, and be greeted by a thoughtfully designed spacious main floor with wa...
This 122-acre rural lot is secluded and private accessed by helicopter. With no road access, it ensure seclusion and serenity. Enchanting 60% old growth trees create a majestic atmosphere, while a protected creek meanders through, providing a serene setting. The property also features marshlands, adding ecological diversity. With its mix-use potential, this lot is ideal for forestry endeavours, allowing you t...
Embrace the opportunity of a lifetime with this lovely almost 12,000 sq ft lot! Tucked away on a peaceful cul-de-sac, this level and private lot eagerly awaits the construction of your dream home. Just steps from the bird sanctuary and in close proximity to shopping, schools, and restaurants, this location offers the perfect blend of privacy and convenience. With water, sewer, and hydro services readily avail...
Haida Gwaii is known for its natural beauty, wind swept beaches, great fishing, and friendly small town charm. It's quintessential west coast living and you can own a little piece of paradise. This 3 bedroom, 2 story home is perfect for a young family with plenty of room to grow. This home is designed to capture the light and stunning views of Bearskin Bay. The open dinning and living room is lined with Port ...
Introducing the exquisite waterfront gem of Sandspit - the one and only available waterfront lot. With many feet of pristine shoreline, kayak, paddleboard, swim right off your backyard - this remarkable property is a dream come true for beach enthusiasts. Build your dream home with a big deck overlooking the ocean; a perfect spot for a morning coffee. Include an income suite and enjoy the mortgage savings. A ...
Welcome to this meticulously constructed, custom built rancher on a private cul-de-sac and in a beautiful seaside community. This home is ideally situated, just steps from two trailheads, Gore Brook and Crabapple Creek. The thoughtfully laid out 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home, includes a large kitchen, 16' ceilings with 2 skylights allowing for an open and bright spacious feel. The living room has a warm and invit...
This charming log house is quintessential West Coast living. On a quarter acre of walk-on-waterfront, it is waiting for you to call it home. This is a great starter home for someone wanting to get into the market and it is waterfront. Kayak, paddle board, or swim right out your back door.
Consulting a REALTOR®
REALTORS® are members of The Canadian Real Estate Association who subscribe to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Business Practice. Members of the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board are members of both the British Columbia and Canadian Real Estate Associations.The following is a list of services you can expect to receive from a REALTOR® when you buy a home:
- A REALTOR® will fully explain the details of your working relationship (called "agency") so that you are clear as to when a REALTOR® is working for you or for the seller.
- A REALTOR® has access to hundreds of current listings of homes for sale because of a co- operative system called the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®).
- A REALTOR® can provide you with a customized list of homes that best meet your needs -- size, style, features, location, proximity to schools, shopping, etc. - and then make arrangements for you to view those homes that appeal to you the most.
- A REALTOR® will help you determine how big a home you can afford. REALTORs® are familiar with the local lending market and can offer helpful advice.
- A REALTOR® has no emotional ties to any type or style of home and can be objective in pointing out the merits of one home over another.
- A REALTOR® will have information on zoning changes, taxes, utility costs and school and recreation services that could affect your decision to buy a home in a specific area.
- A REALTOR® will assist you in negotiating the terms of your purchase, which can be a nerve- wracking process for someone who is not experienced in negotiating.
- A REALTOR® will advise you of the legal process required in obtaining title and taking possession of your property; the costs associated with buying a home such as insurance, mortgage registration and legal fees will be explained in detail.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015
Selling Your Home - Why it Pays to Use a REALTOR®
Before selling your home, you will need a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls. One wrong action could result in a lot of cost and frustration, which is why it is essential to have a REALTOR® working with you, as he or she will make the sale of your home a successful and satisfying experience.Greater exposure
REALTORS® use the Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) to give your home maximum exposure. MLS® is a computer-based system that relays valuable information about your home to hundreds of REALTORS® and potential homebuyers.Setting a price
Setting a price for your home is an important but difficult process. Again, this is where the services of a REALTOR® prove invaluable. REALTORS® have the experience to help you understand how the market works and decide upon a realistic price that meets your goals. REALTORS® also pre-screen potential buyers to make sure only those who are serious and financially qualified view your home.
REALTORS® will also develop a marketing plan to help your property receive maximum exposure. This will likely include placing your home on the MLS® system and placing a "For Sale" sign on the front lawn. The plan will likely also include arranging open houses for other REALTORS® and potential buyers, and developing advertisements and feature sheets/mailers to market your home.
Once you have accepted an offer to buy your home, your REALTOR® will help ensure that all the proper paperwork is completed. He or she will also make sure that both parties meet the necessary conditions outlined in the agreement.Why working with a REALTOR® makes sense
When you work with a REALTOR® you will likely get a better price for your home than if you try to sell it yourself. Apart from the financial benefits, however, there is an extra measure of comfort and security that comes from having a REALTOR® on your side. Remember that REALTORS® are governed by a code of ethics and standards of business practice. They have also been trained and licensed under the provincial Real Estate Services Act to assist in transactions involving real property. When it comes to buying or selling property, using a REALTOR® just makes sense.
Source: Victoria Real Estate Board 2015